Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Italy-Cameroon//USA-Netherlands Recaps

Italy - Cameroon 0-0

I did not watch this match. I preferred the USA-Netherlands match just because there was more to take from the USA match. Italy's squad for me doesn't have a whole lot more to change. As I mentioned with the call-ups post, my focus was on Borriello and how he would perform in the match. I'll leave you with a recap from one of my favorite sites, football-italia.net.
http://www.football-italia.net/italy/ita-cam.html


USA - Netherlands 1-2: Kuyt PK 39' (N), Huntelaar 73' (N), Bocanegra 88' (U)

Satisfactory effort from the US. However they still haven't shaked off the clumsiness that usually causes them to fall behind. Jonathan Bornstein had no business sticking his arm out at Wesley Sneider, allowing him to embellish and draw the PK. Regardless, there was not much of a bite in their offensive movements, making them depend on their defense and wait for a counter attack. Huntelaar's goal took a deflection but the Dutch were going to score at some point during that 10 minute span. A very bright spot was Bocanegra's goal, as it was a world-class lesson in free kicks. He was left completely unmarked and couldn't have headed it any better. The late-game push from the US will be extremely helpful come time for South Africa. Speaking of which, I understand this was the last friendly before Bob Bradley finalizes his roster. When I hear a release date, it will be posted ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment