Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Champions League Round of 16 Leg #2 Review

Two very disappointing results for two very different reasons.

Bayern Munich @ Fiorentina 2-3 (4-4 aggregate: Bayern advances 2-1 on away goals):
Vargas 27 (F), Jovetic 54, 64 (F), Van Bommel 60 (B), Robben 65 (B)
Strong effort from Fiorentina but the offside goal from leg 1 decides this one. Something video replay would have fixed and changed the result. Such a shame especially after beating out Liverpool in the group stages. Credit to Bayern though for their honesty.
(My Prediction: 3-1 Fiorentina... Close, but in the CL one goal makes the entire outcome.)


AC Milan @ Manchester Utd 0-4 (2-7 aggregate):
Rooney 13, 46 (MU), Park 60 (MU), Fletcher 87 (MU)
I didn't want this one but you knew it was over after 13 minutes. You could even say it was over after Rooney's second goal of the first match. In both cases, Milan gave up. Although Nesta, Pato, and Antonini were out today, the team as a whole never showed up.
(My Prediction: 3-0 Milan... We'll, I look like I know what I'm talking about... ballsy choice but it was a matter of do or die for Milan. It was going to be a blow out either way, I just picked the wrong team.)

No comments:

Post a Comment