Friday, March 12, 2010

Giornata 28 Preview


(http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11853,00.html)

Note the changes in time this weekend. Sunday matches will be starting an hour later, at 10:00/3:45 opposed to 9:00/2:45.

Match of the Week:
#1 Inter @ #15 Catania FRI 2:45 PM EST Live on FSC and RAI

Round 9: 2-1 Inter
Don't let the standings fool you, this is a very tricky match for Inter. They haven't been on great form lately and going away to Sicily doesn't help. With the big 2nd leg against Chelsea midweek looming, it will be very interesting to see how Inter plays. This could be the biggest match of the season so far, as Roma could very well be posing a true title challenge, with only 3 more matches against top-half sides.
--My Prediction: 1-0 Inter

#10 Fiorentina @ #7 Napoli SAT 2:45 PM EST Live on FSC, ESPN 360, and RAI
Round 9: 1-0 Napoli
I am officially done regarding Fiorentina as top-5 caliber for this season. Napoli however is not on good form lately so this one is really up for grabs. A very close 2nd for match of the week.
--My Prediction: 1-2 Napoli

#8 Cagliari @ #9 Genoa SUN 10:00 AM EST
Round 9: 3-2 Cagliari
Both teams are starting to get weighted down by the final quarter of the season. Probably not a bad time to be facing each other. I give Genoa the advantage being at home.
--My Prediction: 2-2

#12 Bari @ #17 Lazio SUN 10:00 AM EST
Round 9: 2-0 Bari
Bari is inching closer and closer to staying up while Lazio floats just 1 place and 3 points above relegation. I would give the edge to Lazio however all season they have failed to pull it together and so I really might think they could be going down at the end.
--My Prediction: 1-0 Bari

#3 Roma @ #18 Livorno SUN 10:00AM EST Live on FSC and ESPN 360

Round 9: 1-0 Livorno
A post that I referenced in my Inter-Catania preview documents Roma's remaining 9 matches, which is extremely favorable. Their run at stealing the scudetto begins here. I don't think Livorno have the heart to stay up.
My Prediction: 3-1 Roma

#4 Palermo @ #16 Udinese SUN 10:00 AM EST Live on RAI
Round 9: 1-0 Palermo
Palermo on a hotstreak and will be looking to stay ahead of Juve for the final Champions League spot. Udinese need to start grabbing points as they're not exactly sitting comfortable in the safety zone of the table.
My Prediction: 3-1 Palermo

#19 Atalanta @ #14 Parma SUN 10:00 AM EST
Round 9: 3-1 Atalanta
Again, both teams on poor form. At this point, they're both just trying to stay up, although I think that's more of a focus for Atalanta.
My Prediction: 1-1

#20 Siena @ #5 Juventus SUN 10:00 AM EST Live on ESPN 360
Round 9: 1-0 Juventus
Similar storyline with Inter-Catania. I still think Siena have a chance of staying up but I think they'll be lucky to come away with anything from Juve. They are however on good form with 8 points from their last 4 matches.
My Prediction: 1-2 Juventus

#6 Sampdoria @ #13 Bologna SUN 10:00 AM EST
Round 9: 4-1 Sampdoria
A great match that's flying under the radar. Bologna has arguably their win of the season last week against Napoli while Sampdoria finds themselves fighting for the last Champions League spot.
My Prediction: 2-2

#11 Chievo @ #2 Milan SUN 3:45 PM EST Live on FSC and RAI
Round 9: 2-1 Milan
Could it be a sign that although Milan drew with Roma, so did Inter? They'll get their second chance to close the gap (as I write this, Inter is tied at halftime). Chievo still just chillin in the middle of the table.
My Prediction: 0-2 Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment