Thursday, March 4, 2010

Giornata 27 - Preview



6 out of 10 games being broadcasted live one way or another in the United States this weekend (see below). What a beautiful thing.


---------------Match of the Week---------------
#2 Milan @ #3 Roma: SAT 2:45PM EST Live on FSC and ESPN 360
Round 8: 2-1 Milan
Can't stress enough how much the race for the Scudetto means here. Regardless, it should still be a great game between two of the best teams in Italy.
--My Prediction: 3-2 Milan


#6 Juventus @ #10 Fiorentina: SAT 12:00PM EST Live on ESPN 360, FS+, and RAI
Round 8: 1-1
I still hold the assumption that Fiorentina is bagging results like they did the past two years. Still, I think they'll give Juve a run for their money at the Artemio Franchi.
--My Prediction: 2-2

#15 Catania @ #8 Cagliari: SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 8: 2-1 Catania
Cagliari slumping a bit as of late while Catania are finally starting to hit form. Might be my cadidate for the best "under the radar" match.
--My Prediction: 2-1 Catania

#5 Napoli @ #14 Bologna: SUN 9:00AM EST Live on FSC and ESPN 360
Round 8: 2-1 Napoli
Interesting match up here. Napoli still on great form while Bologna is as inconsistent as they come. I just have a very strange feeling that Mazzari might be dealt this second Serie A loss.
--My Prediction: 0-1 Bologna

#16 Udinese @ #19 Atalanta: SUN 9:00 EST
Round 8: 3-1 Atalanta
I think this is where Atalanta finally starts realizing that they won't be climbing out of the relegation zone. The teams hovering above the drop are too much better.
--My Prediction: 3-0 Udinese

#17 Lazio @ #7 Sampdoria: SUN 9:00 EST Live on RAI
Round 8: 1-1
Both teams coming off of poor results last week. Lazio just cannot seem to get it together and I'm starting to believe they have a shot at being relegated. I think this is bad week for them to travel to the Luigi Ferraris.
--My Prediction: 0-2 Sampdoria

#12 Parma @ #20 Siena: SUN 9:00 EST
Round 8: 1-0 Parma
Both teams with massive wins last week. I have no idea what this will mean for Parma's cause but I think the edge goes to Siena just because they have more to lose and that despite being at the bottom all season, I think they have the class to pull off the escape.
--My Prediction: 1-3 Siena

#18 Livorno @ #4 Palermo: SUN 9:00 EST Live on ESPN 360
Round 8: 2-1 Palermo
Win of the season for Palermo against Juve last Sunday night. Livorno looking destined for the drop. I can't imagine Palermo will let these 3 points slip away at home.
--My Prediction: 0-2 Palermo

#11 Chievo @ #13 Bari: SUN 9:00 EST
Round 8: 2-1 Bari
Nice little mid-table match up. Chievo has been surprising lately while Bari is getting pretty inconsistent. I don't think either of these clubs will be flirting with relegation by season's end, but either would do well to take all three points (obviously).
--My Prediction: 0-1 Bari

#9 Genoa @ #1 Inter: SUN 2:45 EST Live on FSC and RAI
Round 8: 5-0 Inter
I like this match a lot. I'd go as far as saying that Genoa always comes out with heart and passion for the big matches, except for the fact that they got absolutely embarrassed up in their own house by Inter a few months ago. Still, I think this match has the potential to send some shockwaves through the league.
--My Prediction: 1-3 Inter

No comments:

Post a Comment