Sunday, April 25, 2010

Giornata 35 Review

Inter Go Top

If you're a fan of *5-peat champions, you might've gotten your wish this week. Inter take back first after 2 weeks as Gianpaolo Pazzini becomes Roman enemy #1. Livorno is also officially relegated.
(I'm sorry for waiting until the last 3 weeks of the season to figure out to embed highlights in my posts. I'll perfect it in time for the World Cup.)

Match of the Week:
Sampdoria @ Roma 2-1: Totti 14 (R), Pazzini 52, 85 (S)


You couldn't have expected Roma to finish out the season will all wins. They were going to get tripped up sometime between now and the end. The race is definitely not over yet, but it's obviously advantage Inter. Sampdoria strengthens their grasp at the last CL spot.
(My Prediction: 2-3 Roma)


The Table...



Atalanta @ Inter 1-2: Tiribocchi 5 (A), Milito 24 (I), Mariga 35 (I), Chivu 78 (I)

Atalanta might've cursed themselves by scoring too early. But you had to think Inter wasn't going to drop this one. They're now looking good for a *5th straight scudetto.
(My Prediction: 0-2 Inter)


Milan @ Palermo 1-3: Bovo 9 (P), Abel Hernandez 19 (P), Seedorf 55 (M), Miccoli 69 (P)

I want to say Milan players just have their minds on the world cup already however only hand full of them will be going. 3rd place is just good enough for some teams. Palermo meanwhile are digging it out, trying to get back 4th spot from Sampdoria which is making for a great finish.
(My Prediction: 1-3 Palermo)


Cagliari @ Napoli 0-0

Just about puts the nail in the coffin for Napoli's CL hopes. I do expect them to get a Europa League spot though which would be deserved. I havn't had anything to say about Cagliari in a long time. I guess props to them for not being in the relegation race.
(My Prediction: 0-3 Napoli)


Catania @ Livorno 1-3: Lucarelli pen 50 (L), Bellucci 60 (L), Bergvold 65 (L), Maxi Lopez 86 (C)

Good fight, but no dice for Livorno as its a one and done stay in Serie A. At least they sent themselves off with a solid win against one of the better teams in the league right now.
(My Prediction: 4-1 Catania)


Chievo @ Fiorentina 2-0: Pellissier 54 (C), Sardo 75 (C)

I don't know if anyone wants to end the season any more badly than Fiorentina. You gotta wonder if they run in the CL was worth the distraction.
(My Prediction: 2-3 Fiorentina)


Lazio @ Genoa 2-1: Palacio 7 (G), Dias 25 (L), Floccari 32 (L)

Lazio just about put any dreams of relegation to sleep. Big win to go to Genoa and get it done. Genos is ready for summer vacation.
(My Prediction: 1-4 Genoa)


Bari @ Juventus 0-3: Iaquinta 53, 86 (J), Del Piero pen 69 (J)

Juve returns Bari's earlier 3-0 beating. I like seeing Iaquinta scoring goals for Azzurri purposes. It'd be great to see him take the lead striking role this summer.
(My Prediction: 2-1 Juventus)


Parma @ Bologna 1-2: Biabiany 23 (P), Di Vaio 39, 50 (B)

Talk about gettin' your head out of your ass at the right time. Bologna now have 5 points between them and Atalanta. They could seal up the relegation battle two weeks early with a win and Siena&Atalanta losses.
(My Prediction: 1-1)


Siena @ Udinese 1-4: Pepe 19, 43 (U), Calaio' 40 (S), Sanchez 61 (U), Di Natale pen 80 (U)

Similar to the above match, Udinese, who were never really in danger of relegation, ended any possibility while Siena just about need to resign to their fate unless Bologna and simply explode.
(My Prediction: 2-1 Siena)

No comments:

Post a Comment