Thursday, April 1, 2010

Giornata 32 Preview


Same story at the top with another team within a point of Inter while the door at the bottom is beginning to shut on Atalanta, Siena, and Livorno. Also worth noting, all matches are on Saturday, assumed to be in observation of Easter Sunday.

Match of the Week:
#2 Roma @ #10 Bari SAT 9:00AM EST Live on ESPN360 and RAI
Round 13: 3-1 Roma
Although Bari is only 10th right now, I've noted several times that at home, they're as good as anyone (9w-2l-4d at home). Tough time for Roma to traveling there but that's what it takes to be champions.
(My Prediction: 2-1 Roma)

#15 Bologna @ #1 Inter SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 3-1 Inter
Bologna seems to be content with a 7 point gap between themselves and the drop. Dropping the past 3 matches, Inter couldn't be more happy to see them.
(My Prediction: 2-0 Inter)

#8 Fiorentina @ #11 Parma SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 3-2 Parma
Neither teams with a whole lot left to play for. Fiorentina can grab a Europa spot but do they really even want it?
(My Prediciton: 2-2 draw)

#20 Livorno @ #9 Genoa SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 2-1 Livorno
It would be a very great escape for any of the bottom three teams to save themselves, let alone the sorriest of them all.
(My Prediction: 1-3 Genoa)

#3 Milan @ #12 Cagliari SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 4-3 Milan
With Ronaldinho and Abbiati back in the lineup, I would think Milan are capable of going on the road for a win. There's also the fact that they're still only -3, despite their embarrassing form lately.
(My Prediction: 1-1 draw)

#5 Napoli @ #16 Lazio SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 0-0 draw
I'm not too sure what to think about Napoli right now. Their season has been up and down without much consistency. I want to say they can give Palermo a run for their money but I'm just to too sure. Lazio meanwhile has been very confident as of late, with the threat of relegation all but gone.
(My Prediction: 2-2 draw)

#7 Sampdoria @ #13 Chievo SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 2-1 Sampdoria
Sampdoria back in the race for 4th. Chievo has to be the most boring team in Serie A this year. Perfectly mid-table. Advantage Sampdoria based on the fact that they have something to play for.
(My Prediction: 3-1 Sampdoria)

#19 Siena @ #18 Atalanta SAT 9:00AM EST
Round 13: 2-0 Atalanta
This is probably the last hope if it is meant to be that one of the current bottom three is to be relegated. Atalanta currently sits 2 points above Siena and 4 behind #17 Udinese so you would think Atalanta is the only team with realistic hopes. Although I was pulling for Siena to make it out, I think it's just too far out of their hands.
(My Prediction: 3-2 Atalanta)

#4 Palermo @ #14 Catania SAT 1:00PM EST Live on ESPN360 and RAI
Round 13: 1-1 draw
The Sicilian Derby. Catania will definitely be playing the spoiler role for Palermo's CL spot. Keep in mind, the 1-1 draw back in November cost former Palermo manager Walter Zenga his job. In hindsight, I think Palermo owes Catania a thank you.
(My Prediction: 2-3 Catania)

#6 Juventus @ #17 Udinese SAT 3:00PM EST Live on FSC and RAI
Round 13: 1-0 Juventus
Why is this the highlighted night match? Even an under-achieving Juve is still appealing, apparently. Remarkably, they are still only 3 points behind Palermo and I think would be disappointing for the league if they ended up getting 4th. Not that I'm hating on the Old Lady, it's just I'd rather see one of the big boys get taken out by the little guy.
(My Prediction: 2-1 Juventus)

No comments:

Post a Comment