Thursday, April 15, 2010

Giornata 34 Preview

I Derbi di Italia
That's right, plural. Not just Inter-Juve, but also the Roma-Lazio this week. So much drama in these match ups. First, with the re-opening of the Calciopoli scandal, Juve look to be clearing their name and possibly taking back their revoked scudetti. Down in Roma, Lazio will be trying to crash Roma's scudetto hopes. Keep in mind of the irregular scheduling of both these matches. Juve-Inter is FRIDAY at 2:45 EST and Roma Derby is Sunday at 12:45, for security reasons.

MatchES of the Week:
#6 Juventus @ #2 Internazionale FRI 2:45PM EST Live on FSC and RAI

Round 15: 2-1 Juve
Juve coming off one of their more respectable wins of the season last week so they could be up for it against Inter.
(My Prediction: 2-2 draw)

#1 Roma vs #16 Lazio SUN 12:45PM EST Live on FS+, 2:30 on FSC
Round 15: 1-0 Roma
Derbys are always a toss up. But if there is an edge, its obviously with Roma. They've been too good lately.
(My Prediction: 3-1 Roma)


#20 Livorno @ #14 Chievo SAT 12:00PM EST Live on ESPN3 and RAI

Round 15: 2-0 Chievo
Hopefully I'll be looking for an early afternoon nap Saturday, quite frankly. This game should put me over the edge and into happy land.
(My Prediction: 1-0 Livorno)

#17 Bologna @ #15 Udinese SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 2-1 Bologna
Both teams have been trying to keep the relegation battle interesting. If Bologna loses, they may succeed.
(My Prediction: 2-0 Udinese)

#8 Fiorentina @ #18 Atlanta SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 2-0 Fiorentina
I wonder if Fiorentina really even want the Europa League spot? It seems like most CL contenders usually don't. Nonetheless, they could do some good damage for Serie A's sake if they make it.
(My Prediction: 1-2 Atalanta)

#10 Genoa @ #9 Parma SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 2-2 draw
Derby losses are always painful. We'll see if Genoa let's it hang over.
(My Prediction: 1-1 draw)

#3 Milan @ #5 Sampdoria SUN 9:00AM EST Live on FSC and ESPN3
Round 15: 3-0 Milan
I called Milan out of the scudetto race a while ago, and of course counted them in again after they were within 1 point of Inter recently. But now with Inter not even their first worry, and a trip to CL hungry Sampdoria, it's lookin bleak.
(My Prediction: 0-2 Sampdoria)

#7 Napoli @ #11 Bari SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 3-2 Napoli
Napoli are like Milan except on the scale of the Champions League. They've had their chances to take control, but they've fallen short too many times. They also have an ugly away match to deal with themselves. On a personal note, my boy Fabio Quagliarella talked himself into a 3-match ban, which helps nobody.
(My Prediction: 1-1 Bari)

#4 Palermo @ #12 Cagliari SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 2-1 Palermo
I don't know how much longer Palermo can hold out for 4th. However, I do think they would perform better in the CL next season then Sampdoria would.
(My Prediction: 3-1 Palermo)

#19 Siena @ #13 Catania SUN 9:00AM EST
Round 15: 3-2 Siena
It's a shame Catania are finding their feet so late in the season. Their manager, Siniša Mihajlović, has been getting a lot of credit for the revival. Maxi Lopez is quickly rising as my new favorite player to watch in Serie A.
(My Prediction: 0-1 Catania)

No comments:

Post a Comment