Friday, April 23, 2010

Giornata 35 Preview//Inter-Barca Review


Barcelona @ Inter 1-3: Pedro 19 (B), Sneijder 30 (I), Maicon 48 (I), Milito 61 (I)
Phenomenal result for Inter against Barca who have been incredible this year. I would imagine it's been a very long time since they've lost by at least 2 goals, so that alone is something to be proud of, let alone it being a semi-final. Leg 2 is this Wednesday in Barcelona


In Serie A...
It's down to Roma and Inter in a dead sprint for the scudetto, which is a beautiful thing. Roma definitely have a tougher match up this weekend with #4 Sampdoria while Inter has relegation strugglers #18 Atalanta. Their final 3 matches after this weekend are pretty even though:

Roma... 36:@ Parma, 37:vs Cagliari, 38:@ Chievo
Inter: 36:@ Lazio, 37:vs Chievo, 38:@ Siena



Match of the Week:
#4 Sampdoria @ #1 Roma SUN 2:45PM EST Live on FSC and RAI
Roma's saving grace is that they're playing at home. If they had to go to Sampdoria, I'd be doubtful.
(My Prediction: 2-3 Roma)


#18 Atalanta @ #2 Inter SAT 12:00PM EST Live on FS+ and RAI
If Atalanta didn't have the opportunity to jump out of the relegation zone, I'd give this hands down to Inter, but I'm very weary of the strength a team shows when they're up against the drop. There's also the thought of going to Barcelona midweek to finally get their shot at conquering Europe.
(My Prediction: 0-2 Inter)

#3 Milan @ #5 Palermo SAT 2:45PM EST Live on FSC, ESPN3.com, and RAI
I really haven't paid too much attention to Milan since Seedorf's ridiculous goal to beat Chievo. It shouldn't have taken that to beat Chievo and was just proof that they weren't up for the Scudetto race. Luckily Palermo seem to have lost a bit off the top so perhaps they have a shot at coming away with something from Palermo.
(My Prediction: 1-2 Palermo)

#12 Cagliari @ #6 Napoli SUN 9:00AM EST
Last chance for Napoli to get back into the CL race. Both Palermo and Sampdoria have tougher match ups so maybe they can pull it off.
(My Prediction: 0-3 Napoli)

#14 Catania @ #20 Livorno SUN 9:00AM EST
Don't beat a dead horse.
(My Prediction: 4-1 Catania)

#13 Chievo @ #9 Fiorentina SUN 9:00AM EST Live on ESPN3.com
Officially a disappointing season for Fiorentina, domestically at least. Makes you think what couldn't been if they didn't get screwed against Bayern, who very likely could be in the CL final next week.
(My Prediciton: 2-3 Fiorentina)

#16 Lazio @ #8 Genoa SUN 9:00AM EST Live on ESPN3.com
Lazio not exactly safe yet. Tough loss in the derby last week and very difficult trip to Genoa could see them back in the fold. I'll be shocked if they end up going down though.
(My Prediction: 1-4 Genoa)

#11 Bari @ #7 Juventus SUN 9:00AM EST Live on FSC, ESPN3.com, and RAI
Not a whole lot to say here. I do wonder, however, how three different stations will be broadcasting this game (see above). Goes to show how much people watch for names, not quality.
(My Prediction: 1-2 Juventus)

#10 Parma @ #17 Bologna SUN 9:00AM EST
Bologna workin' hard to get down to Serie B, cuttin in front of Lazio and everything. They're lookin good for it.
(My Prediction: 1-1)

#19 Siena @ #15 Udinese SUN 9:00AM EST
If Siena can claw out every game from here on out and see to it that just two of either Bologna, Lazio, or Atalanta can lay eggs, they'll be good to stay up. I think they can do it.
(My Prediction: 2-1 Siena)

No comments:

Post a Comment