Monday, September 6, 2010

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Review/Preview: Italy vs Faroe Islands

Italy @ Estonia 2-1: Zenjov 30 (E), Cassano 59 (I), Bonucci 63 (I)

It was a bit of an ugly one, almost too poor to watch. It seemed as if maybe Lippi was on to something, that his selections were the best possible options. However Cassano put an end to that as he headed one and wonderfully set up the winner to take all three points. As I said in the preview, getting off to a winning start is so crucial for this team and its what they got. Today they try to make it 2 wins in 2 against the lowly Faroe Islands
(My Prediction: 4-0 Italy)

Faroe Islands @ Italy: Stadio Comunale Artemio Franchi di Firenze
TUE 2:50PM EST


Not a bad time to show off a video from my time in Firenze. The Azzurri will be playing hosts at this magnificent stadium and I can only dream of what it would be like to watch la nazionale in a packed house. I had imagined that the converted stadium wouldn't be a very nice venue, but up close, its undeniable. I still can't believe I wasn't able to catch one game during six weeks in Italy.

As for the match itself, same story, different chapter. There's no excuse to walk away with anything less than all three points. Rumor has it that Rossi will get his chance in the attack today along with Gilardino. After a poor start in the last game, I can't disagree with switching things up a bit. The fact that Gilardino will be in front of his home Fiorentina fans doesn't hurt at all either.
(My Prediction: 3-1 Italy)

No comments:

Post a Comment